Learn more about our BLBB Internship Program
Thanks to BLBB Charitable and the generous donors of the Robertson Education Endowment we are able to offer an enriching internship program.
Restoration and Environmental Non-Profit Support Internship
The Pennypack Ecological Restoration Trust, a private, non-profit land trust located in the Philadelphia suburb of Huntingdon Valley (Montgomery County), conserves natural lands and ecological restoration in the central Pennypack Creek valley. The Trust is seeking a seasonal part-time Intern to aid in our restoration efforts, grounds management, research, and education work.
- Familiarity with powered land maintenance equipment
- Valid and clean driver’s license
- Must be 18 years old or older degree in natural sciences, horticulture, or landscape trades strongly desired
- Able to identify some native and non-native plants, also a plus
- Must be team-oriented, positive, polite and friendly to all
Duties may include all or some of the following:
- General landscape care (e.g., mowing, weed whacking, trail maintenance, dead tree removal)
- Invasive plant control
- Herbaceous planting and follow-up maintenance at reforestation sites
- Assist research staff in collecting and analyzing data from on-going research efforts
- Administrative and clerical duties to support full-time staff
- Assist with educational, interpretive, and volunteer organizational duties
- $16/hour for approximately 24 hours per week
- Advancement potential
To apply: Provide résumé and letter describing relevant experience and interest to:
Chris Mendel, Executive Director
Pennypack Ecological Restoration Trust
2955 Edge Hill Road, Huntingdon Valley, PA 19006-5099
Full-Time Employment Opportunities
The Pennypack Ecological Restoration Trust is a private, non-profit land trust located in the Philadelphia suburb of Huntingdon Valley (Montgomery County). As an organization, we work to conserve natural lands in the central Pennypack Creek Valley. The Trust will post job opportunities on this page when we are looking to grow our team. Learn more about our mission here.